ZOA Iraq supports vulnerable conflict-affected people with social reconstruction activities, livelihood assistance, and psychosocial support in order to establish stable and peaceful communities with hope for the future.
Currently, ZOA is anticipating new agricultural livelihoods projects to commence may be in its Nineveh Governorates areas of operation in Quarter 3 of 2022( i.e. it might start from 01-09-2022).
We anticipate recruiting a Project Manager_Food Security & Livelihoods in Q3, based may be in Nineveh. This Call for Expressions of Interest seeks to expedite the recruitment process once ZOA’s project activities scale up.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified applicants, together with their CVs. Expressions of interest will be screened, and suitable candidates notified of ZOA’s interest in their profile. Once ZOA commences formal recruitment for the position/s, pre-screened individuals will be personally contacted and progress through an expedited interview process.
Purpose of the position
The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of livelihood projects in the field of agriculture, livestock and horticulture, and business development. He/she will manage the project activities throughout the project cycle, including budget management (expenditure planning and expenditure monitoring), directly lead in preparing and developing high-quality project plans, including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and procurement plans, progress, and donor reports, ensuring appropriate monitoring and project quality, and enhance internal and external learning and representation.
Furthermore, the Project Manager will directly support the project field coordinator and/or officers and trainers in the wider Programme area (Ninevah or Baghdad/Anbar). He/she will work closely with agriculture and business experts in developing training courses, training experts, rolling out trainings, monitoring technical parts of trainings, business plan development and developing linkages with market actors. He/she will lead on effective management and relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders at the local level, especially with the government line departments.
Improving the living conditions of IDPs, returnees and host community members in target areas through the implementation of Cash for Work activities, business management trainings, business grants and agricultural techniques and advanced methodologies.
Task and responsibilities:
1. Project delivery and coordination
a. Work closely with relevant government departments in the overall implementation of project activities. This will include regular meetings with line departments to agree on work plans, technical assessments, and establishing cooperation relations.
b. Maintain good working relationships with relevant government departments, private sector actors, and other key project stakeholders and ensure ZOA interest is presented at all level.
c. Take overall project management leadership and be responsible to carry out the implementation of project activities within approved project plans, budget, and duration.
d. Provide project management and operational support to the project team to run the project activities effectively and efficiently.
e. Ensure project deliverables are achieved as stipulated in project design maintaining the ZOA’s program quality standards and expectations of relevant stakeholders.
f. Work closely with the technical team to clearly define the project scope of work (SoW) and further translate of SoW into a detailed implementation plan with regular review to ensure the project scope remains relevant to contextual changes.
g. Develop overall project documents including detailed implementation plans, budget and spending plans, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) plans, and procurement plans and ensure the implementation of these plans.
h. Keep tracking of project progress against approved implementation plan and update management about progress, bottlenecks causing delays in delivery, challenges encountered and suggested solutions.
i. Work closely with the Food Security and Livelihoods Program Manager and support staff for guidance and managerial support to implement the project in line with the approved project objectives.
j. Conduct a detailed review of BvA on regular basis and advise on budget and implementation plans’ adjustment accordingly.
k. Participate and represent ZOA in monthly and quarterly area coordination meetings, including emergency livelihood sub-clusters (ELC) in Nineveh, Food Security Cluster, and Cash Working Group.
l. Work with MEAL team for monitoring and evaluate the project regularly, ensuring community participation as appropriate, as well as accountability towards communities.
m. Follow up on MEAL activities and findings ensuring that learning from monitoring and evaluation is included and strategies and program implementation are adapted accordingly.
n. Ensure that risk management and contingency planning is included at all stages of the program.
a. Develop project progress reports for the donor in collaboration with project staff, and support teams. Ensure narrative reporting meets ZOA and donor requirements.
b. Ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities and that activities costs are kept within budgets.
c. Prepare monthly situation reports updating management on program progress achieved, program plans, changes in direction and challenges encountered.
d. Ensure that program staff provide an appropriate level of accurate progress reports and conduct detailed revisions to ensure accuracy before sending it for sign-off of management.
e. Support and assist project staff in the implementation of appropriate monitoring systems and procedures for measuring both progress and impact.
3. Support implementation of project-related activities in the field
a. Supervise data surveys in the target regions, taking into account the project-specific target groups.
b. Plan, implement, and coordinate activities defined in project proposals.
c. Develop individual/community-based agricultural concepts, innovative ideas and opportunities to further support the rural population to improve their living and income conditions by implementing improved production, post-harvest, marketing approaches, taking into account and assessing existing practices
d. Implementation of activities and organizing project distributions in the field.
e. Prepare weekly/monthly activities and report on them to the line manager.
f. Introduction/promotion of village-based peer educator (lead farmers) systems where applicable.
g. Plan, organise and conduct agricultural-related training activities (workshops, seminars, training courses) for targeted beneficiaries.
h. Initiate demonstrations, and exchange visits among producer groups at the project level.
i. Contribute relevant details to reports to the country office as well as to donors.
4. Administrative and representative tasks related to the position
a. Make sure that local decision-makers are informed/ involved in project activities and maintain cooperative contact with officials.
b. Cooperate with other NGOs working in the geographical area and field of livelihoods.
c. Prepares field data for transfer to the internal M&E system to enable the project a timely and quality/quantity-related documentation of project progress. This includes comprehensive field data, pictures, quantities as well as success stories.
d. Any other additional responsibility, in coordination and in agreement with the supervisor.
e. In addition to the above-related responsibilities, the Project Manager may be asked to carry out other duties as requested by the Programme Manager.
Competencies and experience
Knowledge and experience:
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in horticulture/agronomy, agricultural education or in a relevant field (e.g. gender studies, social sciences or related discipline) or equivalent experience.
· Minimum three (3) years of work experience working in the humanitarian or development sector in a similar position.
· Experience in working with an (I)NGO, especially in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
· Experience in working in livelihoods interventions like enterprise development, business management training, youth, and women economic empowerment program.
· Demonstrated understanding and experience in Cash and Voucher Programming in a humanitarian & development context.
· Previous experience in ToTs in agriculture-related topics.
· Experience of engagement with the private sector, market actors, and business support services providers.
· An understanding of gender, protection and diversity issues in livelihoods and economic development programs.
· Experience and skills in playing a supportive role, demonstrating the ability to support field team members to deliver results for operational work.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, community mobilization experience and ability to work in teams.
· Able to communicate fluently in English and Arabic.
· Able to work on a high level with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Excellent reporting skills.
· A good understanding of the Iraqi/Kurdish context and cultures.
· Ability to travel to the field locations and to work in difficult circumstances.
Skills and attitude:
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Result-oriented in a team approach
· Service and participatory attitude
· Communicative, open, and decisive
· Self-motivated, committed, honest, and eager to learn
· Proactive and focussed
· Stress resilient and able to meet deadlines in time
To express your interest, please submit your CV & a Cover Letter outlining your interest in the role, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert the subject title of the e-mail, exactly as;
Project Manager_Food Security & Livelihoods
Please note the following points:
Your CV & Cover Letter must be uploaded in PDF format.
- Write your Home address in detail in your CV.
- The position is not currently open. Upon the position opening, the position will be openly advertised. Prior applicants will progress through an expedited recruitment process, with the opportunity to commence work shortly after the formal opening of the position if successful.”
الوظيفه ليست مفتوحة حاليا. عند فتح الوظيفة ، سيتم الإعلان عن العمل بشكل علني. سيتقدم المتقدمون السابقون من خلال عملية التوظيف العاجلة، مع إتاحة الفرصة لبدء العمل بعد فترة وجيزة من الافتتاح الرسمي للوظيفة لاحقا إذا نجح ذلك
هذا الاعلان هو لغرض الحصول على السيفيات من اكبر عدد من المتقدمين الذين ليهم الكفائة لهذا العمل ويرغبون بالتقديم في حالة توفر العمل بالقريب العاجل
The applications should be submitted on or before August 19th, 2022.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2022, 10:10 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply of Medicines Strategic Supply Process Ten...
written on September 26, 2022, 7:53 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: SALE OF USED IT Equipment, Household Equipment and Tools ...
written on September 23, 2022, 10:58 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision, Delivery of 14750 Hygiene kits to Duhok Camps ...