Under the overall supervision of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of Field Project Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the team by the implementation of livelihood activities under the livelihood’s portfolio of the Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) as guided by the Team Leader.
- Participate in conducting different activities when needed like EDF registration process.
- Assist in supporting the team by controlling on the crowded area during the process of registration like ILA and EDF and other activities.
- supporting other team members in facilitating the process of implementation different Activities.
- Support IOM selected individuals by facilitating orientation meetings, business trainings, and/or on- one counseling sessions as necessary.
- Travel to project sites in order to support other team members when support is needed.
- Ensure that all distributions of tools and equipment are monitored for both quality and quantity.
- Coordinate with field staff and the Information Management (IM) unit if there is any support needed.
- Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to community engagement and engineering.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, Economics, Business Management or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender
point and experience with international organization is an advantage.
- Strong experience working with communities in rural areas, in agricultural areas, or with IDPs in humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.