Under the general guidance of the Senior Operations Coordinator and the Programme Coordinator (Transition& Recovery), the overall supervision of the National Operations Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader, the successful incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of all activities under the livelihood’s portfolio of Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) as guided by the Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical tools.
- Support and facilitate in various assessments including labor market assessments and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Team Leader and Program Coordinator.
- Assist in the mapping of service providers for Vocational Training, On-Job-Training, Job Placement, and Farming Training as required.
- Liaise with project partners, potential private companies and other required program stakeholders and relevant counterparts for effective implementations.
- Identify, prioritize and select project beneficiaries from the community, based on a selection criterion developed in consultation with community representatives and local authorities.
- Provide necessary livelihood trainings and facilitate vocational skills for targeted beneficiaries, as part of an effort to build capacity and for disaster resilient livelihood strategies.
- Travel to project sites on a regular basis to monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide guidance to the Team Leaders in order to make necessary improvements or changes to livelihoods service delivery.
- Ensure that all distributions of tools and equipment are monitored for both quality and quantity and that relationship management with vendors is maintained in project locations.
- Organize and conduct satisfaction and feedback surveys in order to improve future livelihoods projects.
- In coordination with the Team Leader, coordinate with the relevant government authorities, business associations and private sector companies to implement IOM’s livelihoods projects.
- Monitor achievements in accordance with work plans and report progress to the Livelihoods’ Team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assistance. Coordinate with field staff and the Information Management (IM) unit to maintain up-to-date and accurate beneficiary data in the IOM Portal.
- Support in implementation of other elements of field team activities, such as community engagement and engineering per requirement.
- This position will require daily operation in Hatra District and may require travel to other districts within Ninewa including remote areas.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in social sciences, economics, business management from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender
- point and experience with international organization is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, ability to handle confidential matters.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong experience working with communities in rural areas, in agricultural areas, or with IDPs in humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in English, and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multita
- Shares knowledge and exp
- Positive, constructive attitud
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfo
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of v
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlin
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptab
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitud
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalt
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
SPARK - Support for Increased capacities of local institutions and partners
written on May 30, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: SPARK - Support for Increased capacities of local institut...
GIZ - EOI - Consultancy Service for Photography & Video Services
written on May 28, 2023, 11:10 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: EOI| Consultancy Service for Photography and Video Service...
Care - Personal Accident Insurance & Medical Insurance
written on May 28, 2023, 11:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: ITB - Bid Package for Personal Accident Insurance and Medi...
Harikar - Provision of Fuel for Vehicles & Generators
written on May 25, 2023, 3:30 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision of fuel for Harikar vehicles and Generators ...
SCI - Establishing FWA For Hotel Accommodation in Kalar & Khanaqin
written on May 28, 2023, 8:30 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Establishing Framework Agreement (FWA) For Hotel accommoda...
NRC - Construction Materials for Renovation of Shelters
written on May 25, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Construction Materials For Renovation of Shelters ...