Under the supervision of the MEAL coordinator, the incumbent shall be responsible for supporting projects monitoring, conducting field monitoring visits, following up on implementation MEAL plans, support strengthening the project MEAL capacity, regularly monitor the results to improve project performance; and support reporting and data management.
- Assist in the coordination of qualitative and quantitative data collection processes such as survey, focus group discussions (FGD), interviews, and similar activities, including strengthening capacity of enumerators in qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- For assigned projects, support the MEAL coordinator to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement the donor’s requirements, monitoring plans and ToRs determining Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) minimum standard plans and related mechanisms during project implementation.
- Support the MEAL coordinator to develop appropriate qualitative and quantitative monitoring, tracking systems, tools, and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project effectiveness and prepare data for decision-making processes.
- Produce summary reports that include graphs, charts, tables, narratives as requested to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements
- Verify the quality of data collected from the field based on validity, timeliness, precision, reliability, and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance.
- Orient project staff of MEAL requirements of their projects and their role in ensuring an effective MEAL system for the project during project start-up and implementation.
- Support to provide routine training to project staff on monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
- Assist the MEAL coordinator in development and implementation of M&E tools according to project log frame and ensuring quality assurance of field data (completeness, reliability, validity, timeliness, and integrity).
- Provide technical feedback to project team on M&E findings and follow up on utilization of monitoring results stated in the “Results Monitoring Framework”.
- Organize, collect, compile, and document all program and MEAL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites, meeting with project counterparts and beneficiaries to follow up on activities and provide verbal and written reports.
- Provide technical assistance to facilitate the application of tools for Humanitarian Accountability, complaints, and response mechanisms of reporting for assigned projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REPORTING TO: MEAL Coordinator
Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or similar subject. Master degree is a plus.
- At least three (3) year of experience in managing and implementing results-based M&E activities.
- Experience analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience in F&CM will be appreciated.
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and other data management systems
- Professional English language skills required, with additional proficiency in Arabic.
AVSI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
How to Apply (Application Process):
Interested candidates are required to send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16-11-2022. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, AVSI may fill the position prior to the closing date.
Please mention job position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.