Context/ Reporting Line:
Under the general guidance of the MHPSS Programme Officer, the overall supervision of the National MHPSS Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior MHPSS Assistant/ TL in close coordination the Senior MHPSS and Livelihood Integration Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting MHPSS programme activities, with a specific focus on MHPSS and Livelihood Integration programming and activities, by performing the following functions and responsibilities:
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and facilitate the MHPSS activity plan for MHPSS and Livelihood Integration (MLI) Projects in close collaboration with the Snr MLI assistant and MHPSS Team Leader.
- Support the coordinating and implementing of MLI project activities, including the organization and facilitation of MHPSS awareness sessions and peer-support groups. This is done in close coordination with the Senior MHPSS and Livelihood Integration Assistant.
- Create detailed and accurate MLI activity (livelihood and MHPSS) schedules on a regular basis.
- Oversee the daily MHPSS and Livelihood Integration activities, including the skills-based livelihood workshops.
- Take a leadership role in collecting feedback from participants through community consultations, sharing feedback and suggestions for adaption with the management team. Carry out and support the development of MHPSS and livelihood integration assessments, community consultations, staff consultations and other data collection to advance the integrated programme.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained about confidential project and beneficiary information.
- Engage in consistent data collection and entry. Managing all data and resources confidentially.
- Offer individual support and counseling to beneficiaries if required, under the supervision of the Senior MLI assistant and MHPSS team leader.
- Provide psychosocial first aid and emotional support to affected population in case of sudden/on-going emergency.
- Attend trainings and inductions as instructed and paying full attention to detail.
- Assist with any other MHPSS-related activities or programming at Hassan Sham as instructed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or any other relevant social sciences from an academic accredit university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At 2 years of experience in similar context in the field.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally diverse backgrounds is required.
- Experience in facilitating group sessions is required.
- Experience in facilitating individual and group sessions is a strong advantage.
- Experience in collecting information and data entry is a strong advantage.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks at the same time is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to quickly comprehend new information and convey it to others.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and different points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.