Local Programme Manager Networks of Change - Erbil
Erbil - Iraq
September 22, 2023
September / October 2023
- Networks of Change (NOC) is a project in the Kurdistan Region in Iraq (KRI) implemented by SPARK, a Dutch NGO.
- The goal of NoC is to prevent violent conflict and diminish the risk of radicalisation by building the trust and resilience of youth and paving the way for youth to participate in social, economic, and political life and advocate for non-violent change.
- A local project manager is needed to manage the day-to-day activities of the programme, supervise the local project team, and ensure project implementation through local partners.
- SPARK is currently seeking a local programme manager who is based in Erbil, and travels frequently to the target locations in Halabja, Ranya and Chamchamal.
SPARK uses a very hands-on approach to working with young entrepreneurs and providing support to them to start and or grow their businesses. The entrepreneurs face many challenges compared to the average entrepreneur due to the difficult fragile state environment. Therefore, we are looking for people who feel confident in their ability to think on their toes, utilize deductive reasoning and those that are not afraid to be creative when it comes to finding solutions for making complicated programmes work in even more complicated environments.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure implementation and coordination of the NoC programme in line with the annual work plan and donor requirement (in close coordination with the NoC project lead and SPARK Iraq Country Manager)
- Ensure budget adherence and project documentation, including monitoring and reporting, according to internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Ensure smooth progress of organisational, financial, and logistical matters linked to the NoC programme and related missions and activities.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting of NoC programme as agreed with donor.
- Manage the project team in KRI and monitor and assist them in developing their personal work plans and achieving their individual targets.
- Maintain strong relationships with NoC local partners.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, and cooperation and government partners.
- Represent NoC Programme in different stakeholders’ meetings.
- Ensure a Security and Safety Plan for the NoC Programme is in place and implement accordingly.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- BA or MA degree (or other relevant education)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant position and field, incl. youth and PVE (preventing violent extremism) related projects.
- Preferably worked for an international development organisation
- Proven project management skills and experience (incl. financial skills)
- Good understanding of campaigning and media in KRI/Iraq is recommended.
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to political environment and operational space in Iraq and KRI
- Proven experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds (incl. teamwork skills)
- Experience with youth, (higher) education and private sector development
- Extensive network in KR-I with authorities and stakeholders, preferably in Ranya, Chamchamal and Halabja
- Excellent English and Kurdish and/or Arabic language skills
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract (40h/per week)
- A dynamic working environment and young and professional team
- Working with ambitious and talented youth on relevant topics and issues
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/537 until the 22nd of September 2023.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SPARK, we embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds. We’re open-minded and committed to creating a work environment of mutual respect. That’s why your gender, age, religious beliefs, race, sexual orientation, skin color or any other difference in your background doesn’t influence our hiring decision.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports youth and women in starting and developing their businesses in various, more stable parts of South Sudan. The focus of our activities is on agribusinesses.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2023, 5:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Enhancing the Communities Ability to Adapt and Face Shocks...
written on September 26, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: English Language Courses for Students of The University of...
written on September 26, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Greening Ankawa- A complete planting system -Trees and ins...
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...