Livelihoods/ED & Business Development Advisor - Erbil
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Livelihoods/ED & Business Development Advisor - Erbil.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position holder ensures development and implementation of the WV Iraq Livelihoods/ED Program strategy and Livelihoods/ED Technical Program in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The Position is responsible of: (1) Growing the Income on Livelihoods/ED portfolio. (2) Providing technical support to project teams for quality assurance. (3) Empowering and building capacities of the field staff and (4) Working with SO and Donors in grant acquisition around the livelihood/ED sector and externally engaging and representing WV Iraq to the external key stakeholders.
Strategy, Program & Business Development
- Meet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence.
- Facilitate with SO and be the focal person on resource acquisition and proposal development
- Develop the technical/sectoral components of new proposals, in coordination with Program, MEAL and operations teams ensuring quality proposal submission for greater impact.
- Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.
- Lead in design with programs team and operations for potential new proposals around Livelihoods/ED based on emerging new needs and ensure documenting of evidence.
- Facilitate and ensure integration of Child protection, GESI, social inclusion and social cohesion in the proposal development processes and submission.
- Lead development of Technical approaches and technical programs in alignment with strategy.
Support implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Provide technical supervision to field Livelihoods/ED staff including coaching, sharing resources and materials, revision of reports, analysing lessons, etc.
- Closely monitor implementation from a technical perspective and establish systems of measuring impact as well as documenting evidence.
- Co-lead with MEAL team the development of Evidence Building Plans (EBPs) for Technical Programs and for new projects.
- Provide technical review of livelihood/Economic Development/Food Security procurement related bids to ensure quality and value for money.
- Review grant progress reports and M&E reports specifically program findings and recommendations and submit to relevant donors and SOs.
- Work closely with Area based team, and project managers and coordinators and facilitate on quality reports submission to donors and SOs.
- Collaborate with MEAL team in organizing learning and reflections sessions for projects to track and document evidence.
Staffing & Capacity Building
- Revise Livelihoods/ED related JDs when needed and participate in the recruitment of relevant project and technical staff.
- Develop and revise Livelihoods/ED capacity building plans and share with P&C when needed.
- Orient and train WV Iraq relevant staff (including direct/matrix reports) on Livelihoods/ED Technical Programs, standards, tools, models, etc.
- Provide regular feedback on performance for matrix reports if any.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager including acting as Resource Development and Program Quality Manager.
Networking & External Engagement
- Engage in networking and coordination with external Livelihoods/ED Donors, stakeholders and partners for resource mobilization and profiling WV Iraq Livelihoods/ED program portfolio.
- Participate in workshops, training and internal WV Iraq meetings, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate with MEER region and other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, and ensure necessary support, guidance and advice are received towards resource acquisition.
- Proactively engage with potential donors to pitch WV Iraq programming in Iraq.
Learning and Research
- Participate in all Livelihoods/ED projects’ lessons learned events and establish a system of capturing these to inform new programming.
- Participate in design and roll out of new research proposals and initiatives of WV Iraq as needed.
- Conduct regular situational analysis of the sector and feed recommendations back to WV Iraq for decision making on future priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of Livelihoods/ED systems, established Livelihoods/ED practices, Minimum Economic Recovery Standards, EMMA, etc.
- Creative and able to come up with, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, influencing skills and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Effective in written and oral communication in English;
- Able to work on multifunctional tasks in the pressure of time and organizational changes;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Three to five years of technical expertise in the areas of Economic development or Livelihoods/ED.
- Experience in capacity building processes, tools and methodologies
- Two years or more INGO experience in the humanitarian and development fields respectively
- Experience in needs assessment and project design, proposal development.
- Experience in working with UN agencies, collaborating with relevant government ministries, and relevant Livelihoods/ED donors
- Proven experience in Livelihoods/ED in Emergency, recovery and development settings
- Bachelor degree in any area related to Livelihoods, economic development, Food Security, Agriculture, Value chain Development, etc. required
- Master’s Degree in the following areas.: Economic development, Business administration, Food security, social science or any relevant field desirable.
- Experience participating in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience with women economic empowerment programs agricultural and non-agricultural based livelihood/ED programs.
- Experience with proposal writing, strategy development.
- Experience with Donors liaison, prepositioning and donor contract management
- Experience with working on commercial contracts desired.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English
- The position requires 50% travel to the field location
- The position requires ability and willingness to continue to function during a crisis, and requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Livelihoods-ED---Business-Development-Advisor---Erbil_R11383
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 6 June 20223
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks