Project Manager for “United for Environmental Justice" project aiming to address environmental injustice in southern Nineveh’s Al-Qayyara sub-district.
Sustainable Peace Foundation (SPF) is an Iraqi Non-governmental Organisation (NGO) striving to build and sustain peace through vertical and horizontal approaches and participatory methods; addressing root causes of tensions and conflicts challenging positive peace in Iraq. SPF strives to achieve this by working on the grassroots level to reinstate and strengthen the lost trust between Iraq’s diverse ethno-religious communities; increase community resilience, empower and building the capacities of the very effected communities so they can mitigate and transform conflicts through dialogue and non-violent means.
SPF strives to achieve these objectives by working with vulnerable groups such as, youth, women and girls, people with special needs and IDPs through developing their capacities to take leadership roles and to actively participate in the peace and reconciliation processes; economically empower communities by offering them vocational trainings and providing them with livelihood means to ensure stability and a dignified living standard.
SPF also strives to engage local authority and security actors with the local communities through advocacy, roundtable dialogue sessions and developing local peace mechanisms and structures capable to acts as soundboards conveying their communities’ needs and challenges. Another pillar of SPF’s efforts is to support and capacitate Iraq’s civil society for example, SPF provide the technical coordination and the secretariat of Nineveh Peace Forum, which it is a founder.
SPF also provides consultations for local and international NGOs on peacebuilding and social cohesion programming, such as: context analysis, needs assessments, actor and service mapping etc.
SPF’s focuses on minority protection, but through its Do-no-Harm approach, which ensures that SPF programming and implementation creates cohesion instead of doing harm.
PROJECT SUMMARY To capacitate community members from Nineveh governorate’s Al-Qayyara sub-district and empower them to identify and monitor environmental injustices resulting from decades of conflict and neglect; to provide them with the necessary dialogue, mediation, negotiation and advocacy skills; and providing them with a platform to promote and advocate for environmental justice through horizontal and vertical participatory approaches so that they are able to minimise and mitigate the risks to the health and livelihood of their affected communities
The Field Coordinator will:
- Coordinate with the local community and local authority stakeholders, especially the Directorate of Environment and Directorate of Agriculture and engage them with the project implementation;
- Support the organisation of Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), Training workshops and conduct field basic assessments;
- Ensure that activities in the field are being implemented in accordance with the project work plan;
- Under the guidance of the project manager, ensure full and transparent communication with the communities and beneficiaries regarding the objectives of the project, beneficiary selection criteria, and community feedback and response mechanism;
- On-field level, ensure that all stakeholders are engaged with the project implementation;
- Track progress achieved in project implementation and bring all emerging issues, delays to the attention of the project manager as soon as possible;
- Prepare, collect and archive field level documents (attendance sheets, pre and post evaluation forms, minutes meetings... etc) as appropriate throughout the course of the project implementation;
- Effectively prioritise tasks and seek guidance from the Project Manager;
- Develop weekly and monthly reports and ensure a close follow up of the project's implementation.
Essential Skills :
- The ability to work as a team;
- Technological Skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially word and excel;
- Public Relations & Communication Skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively and mitigate risks effectively.
Educational & Qualifications Requirements:
- Both male and female applicants are welcomed, although female applicants are encouraged to apply;
- Bachelor's degree in the relevant area or equivalent work experience;
- Ability to use the computer and Tablet device and skills of Microsoft office and using E-mail;
- Ability to assess community needs and prioritise these needs;
- At least one (2) year of experience;
- Ability to travel to and from the project targeted areas;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
Interested applicants must apply by submitting a CV and a cover letter specifically highlighting their eligibility for this position, which should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applicants should have “Field Coordinator” as the subject title of their email, emails without having “Field Coordinator” as their email subject title, will not be considered.
Bids & Tenders
Empowerment - Introduce innovative eco-system model for monitoring water consumption, carbon emission
written on August 12, 2022, 12:25 amby Empowerment Organizationin Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Introduce innovative eco-system model for monitoring water...
written on August 12, 2022, 12:14 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Repair and Maintenance of Turkish Electrical Elevator in B...