Reporting to the Field Coordinator, the Field Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all field level activities as well as supporting the MEAL Officer and the Business Support Expert. There are two positions available, one in each of the following locations: Sinjar and Sinuni (Ninewa).
Field Assistants will support in:
- Liaising with authorities in the area to ensure the smooth running of the project and securing the required permits.
- Supporting the implementation of business training reaching 150 participants and the provision of 100 business grants, i.e. liaising with venues for implementation of activities, supporting potential participants through application process, record-keeping training attendance, supporting stipend distribution, verification visits...
- In coordination with the MEAL Officer, conducting assessments and other data collections in the field, i.e. baseline market assessment.
- Travelling daily to project sites and ensuring that activities are proceeding as planned.
- Ensuring that all issues identified during activity implementation are escalated to the Field Coordinator and MEAL Officer for their resolution.
- Supporting the MEAL Officer in monitoring and reporting activities as required.
- In coordination with Field Coordinator and MEAL staff, operate a drop in rota to verify participants’ attendance to the implementation activities.
- At least 1 year of experience in providing field monitoring and follow up support in livelihoods and employment creation-related areas, preferably in business support and training programmes.
- Familiarity with data collection methods and tools, including KOBO.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Right to live and work in Iraq.
- Willing to start work immediately.
Please send the following in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering Letter indicating earliest date of availability.
- Details of 2 references.
Please put ‘Field Assistant Sinjar’ in the email subject line. Note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply as soon as possible, CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.