Under the general guidance of the Programme Support Officer (TRD), the overall supervision of the National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Team leader, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Collect data from various sources, including surveys, interviews, and site observations, and ensure it is consistent with the plans.
- Follow established protocols and guidelines for data collection and management and identify and report any issues or concerns related to data collection.
- Carry out observation visits and assessments to project implementation sites.
- Record data accurately and in a timely manner using the designated format.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of information collected and timely entry into databases.
- Assist in compiling qualitative and quantitative reports on beneficiary feedback, evolving realities on the ground, trends, and dynamics.
- Provide feedback and recommend improvements to the planning and delivery of field activities.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and management of sensitive data based on “Do No Harm” principles and Protection SoPs.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Completed high school diploma/ certificate.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in data collection or related field preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
- Familiarity with data collection software and tools.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of English is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
This position involves the collection of data, and the selected candidate will need to make their own arrangements for transportation to the data collection sites (transportation will not be provided by IOM) and use their own smartphones. Compensation will be provided on a daily basis at a rate of 50 USD per working day for completed work. The work schedule will be based on project requirements and will fall within IOM's working hours, which are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday to Thursday. The Data Collector may need to work in various locations, both on-site and off-site, and may need to sit or stand for extended periods.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume along with your precise location (sub-district, community). We look forward to hearing from you.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2023, 5:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Enhancing the Communities Ability to Adapt and Face Shocks...
written on September 26, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: English Language Courses for Students of The University of...
written on September 26, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Greening Ankawa- A complete planting system -Trees and ins...
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...