Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and Programme Coordinator (Transition & Recovery), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the National Durable Solutions Operations Officer, the Durable Solutions Field Assistant will support return and community engagement activities in Sinjar in both informal sites and urban areas. The position is based in the IOM Ninawa/Sinjar office and will involve consistent visits to the areas of concern throughout the Ninewa and Dohuk Governorates to implement return operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support in community mobilization, sensitization, and risks communication.
- Implementing the registration help desks operated in Sinjar informal sites and urban areas including coordination with CCCM actors, mobilization for registration, provision of IEC materials and other relevant tasks.
- Support in community sensitization activities in the camp/ out camp and informal sites including coordinating with camp stakeholders, areas of return stakeholders and public service providers.
- In collaboration with local authorities and with other TRD and other IOM units’ staff, support in conducting the area of origin risk assessment through host communities’ consultations and key informant interviews. This may include interviews with Mukhtars, tribal leaders, local authorities, returnees’ committees and any other relevant personals or entities.
- Support the senior DS Field Assistant/DS field team leader in maintaining an updated stakeholder mapping through providing up to date information related to the stakeholders.
- Support the senior DS field assistant/DS field team leader in managing and arranging the DS data base.
- Support the implementation of the DS activities in Ninawa’s camps, Sinjar area and Dohuk camps.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor(s).
- University degree in social sciences, humanitarian studies, law, or any relevant field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in social cohesion /community stabilization, protection, camp management, community engagement or MHPSS.
- Good understanding and proven experience in individual profiling of vulnerable population and in conducting referrals in line with protection standards.
- Demonstrable skills in engaging with communities, leading community consultations, running focus group discussion and other forms of CWC approaches.
- Previous work in the return/camp setting in Ninewa and/or in social cohesion, peacebuilding, or community stabilization activities in Ninewa governorate is an advantage.
- Good organizational, communication, coordination, and time-management skills.
- Good ability to interpret, analyze, and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to productively work under pressure and circumstances of insecurity.
- Good reporting skills, reliability, flexibility, commitment, and patience.
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships with co-workers, communities, and authorities.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of Kurdish (Kurmanji) is an asset.
- Work prioritization and ability to multita
- Shares knowledge and exp
- Positive, constructive attitud
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfo
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of v
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlin
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitud
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalt
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on January 26, 2023, 2:25 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Development of Olive Trees Production Research Te...
written on January 26, 2023, 2:22 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: consultancy for exploring opportunities to utilize digital...
AN - Rehabilitation of Sulaiman beg PHCC with all the civil, plumbing and electrical works in TUZ, SAD
written on January 24, 2023, 6:26 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Rehabilitation of Sulaiman beg PHCC with all the civil, pl...
AN - Rehabilitation of Abdullah Ghanem PHCC with all the Civil, Plumbing and Electrical Works in Dibis
written on January 24, 2023, 6:24 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Rehabilitation of Abdullah Ghanem PHCC with all the civil,...