Free to Run’s mission is to drive change in community gender norms in conflict areas by supporting adolescent girls and young women to develop their leadership and wellness through running. We are a registered nongovernmental organisation in three countries that has been operating community-led programs for migrants and ethnic minority populations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan and Hong Kong since 2014. We deliver long-term, youth-led, progressive running, leadership, rights and health programs directly to individuals (ages 10-24) to build assets and social access. However, the longer term impact of our work is building enduring social change - decreasing barriers to public participation, increasing women in leadership and making power structures more equitable and inclusive. The organisation is in a position of significant growth, in terms of our strategy, reach, impact and operating budget.
The Driver will play a vital role in ensuring the secure and efficient transportation of team members, beneficiaries, and resources utilising a minivan equipped to accommodate a minimum of 12 passengers. The role encompasses transporting individuals and materials to various sub-districts within Sinjar and Mosul(when needed). The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, punctuality, and professionalism. The driver will adhere to all traffic and FTR safety rules. Additionally, the driver will bear the responsibility of proper maintenance of vehicles in compliance with safe driving standards. This includes ensuring timely refuelling, fuel supply management, and maintaining the vehicle's overall condition.
- Safely operate the minivan to transport staff members, beneficiaries, and materials to various locations.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the minivan, including regular check-ups, oil changes, and necessary repairs.
- Maintain a comprehensive logbook for all tasks related to trips, fueling, maintenance, and repairs performed on the minivan.
- Adhere to all traffic rules and regulations to guarantee the safety of passengers and pedestrians.
- Plan and follow efficient routes to minimise travel time while prioritising safety.
- Assist passengers with boarding and disembarking, ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the journey.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanour while interacting with passengers and other road users.
- Ensure the availability of necessary supplies in the minivan, such as first aid kits and emergency tools.
- Coordinate with the logistics team to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off schedules.
- Report any incidents, accidents, or vehicle malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative work environment within the NGO.
- Responsible for the fuel consumption
- Work after duty hours or holidays as and when required and with prior notice from the line manager and will be repaid as working hours instead of cash.
- Any other Tasks required by the line manager.
Qualification, Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies
Below is what we are looking for as we evaluate applications. Candidates don’t need to have all these experiences and competencies but should be able to display strengths across multiple areas.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in driving vehicles especially minivans
Skills and Competencies
- Iraqi national
- Valid driver's licence with a clean driving record.
- Proven experience as a driver, preferably in an NGO or similar setting.
- Familiarity with local traffic regulations and routes.
- Excellent driving skills, with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Ability to handle basic vehicle maintenance tasks and perform routine checks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends, as required.
- Physical capability to handle the demands of driving and assisting passengers.
Documentation needed for the driver:
- National ID
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minivan with a minimum of 15 seats.
- 4x4 model manufactured in 2014 or later.
- Valid inspection certificate indicating safety and reliability (inspection report must be provided).
- The driver should cover transportation expenses in case of a breakdown and provide a replacement minivan meeting the specified qualifications.
- Maintain the minivan's cleanliness and optimal condition during service.
Language: Proficiency in written and spoken command of Arabic and Kurdish is required and Knowledge English is preferred.
Free to Run is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support and thrive on them for the benefit of our team, our programs, and our organisational strength. We are proud to be an affirmative action employer, committed to diversity, equity and inclusion of ALL people in our hiring and employment practices. We encourage applications from people who have non-dominant identities based on race, ethnicity, migration status, ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, etc.
To Apply for this Position: Interested applicants can apply for the position by filling this form
providing essential information and uploading cover letters and CV/resume in PDF. The deadline for submission of application is 30th of September 2023.
Please note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on November 27, 2023, 1:30 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: BORDA/IRAQ - Online Training on Decentralized Sanitation P...
written on November 27, 2023, 1:15 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: BORDA/IRAQ - Audit Service for Preparing Annual Financial ...
written on November 27, 2023, 1:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Providing (three-wheel motorcycles) Livelihood for Poor Fa...
written on November 26, 2023, 5:30 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Providing Livestock (Sheep and Cows) for a Livelihood Enha...