Under General guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (technical corporation), and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant, the successful incumbent will coordinate at the field level the implementation and monitoring of IOM Community Policing programme in an allocated geographic area.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Enter all collected data related to the Community policing projects into the database and ensure that information is up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Verify data and correct data where necessary, following recommended data correction guidelines.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and engage relevant officers.
- Check and verify the completed work in the system for accuracy.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Travel on duty to Iraq, based on the needs of the program.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Police Science, criminal justice, correction, Law Enforcement, or any related field from an accredited academic institution with 1 year of relevant professional experience or;
- Highschool diploma degree with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the areas of Law enforcement and community and international policing and project management and implementation.
- Experience working with IOM and/or another UN agency is an advantage.
- Experience in engaging with governmental representatives, police, civil society and communities is highly desirable.
- Experience in data management and information sharing is an advantage.
- Delivery set objectives in hardship situations.
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objective.
- Knowledge of MS office and Internet Explorer.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.