Job title: Country Director
Job type: Full time contract
Place of work (City, Governorate): Iraq (mainly in Duhok Office+ required to travel to Sinjar, Baghdad and Erbil)
Contract period: 1 (one) year
Salary grade: E1
Number of Jobs: 1(one) job
Probational period: 3 (three) months
Working hours: Sunday to Thursday from 08:30-04:30 PM
Deadline for application: 28 February 2021 at 04:30 PM
Documents required: Cover letter and CV
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Oversee the administration and implementation of currently funded programs, plan and prepare NCEs and budget realignments in coordination with the finance department and with project managers.
- Oversee the financial management of in-country activity, including currently funded programs, in line with YAZDA financial management policy
- Oversee program reporting, ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures, donor regulations, and local laws
- Report regularly to the executive director and board with updates of project developments and expenditures
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals
- Manage field assets, including equipment and materials in coordination with the logistics team.
- Oversee the financial management of the NGO.
- Oversee the regular updating of financial reports for donors
- Lead the financial planning, cash requests, and cash flow, bank accounts management in coordination with the Finance manager
- Oversee the payment of local tax, the compiling of financial reports, and annual reports, and oversee audits and auditing reports
- Oversee the overall financial management of the NGO, including the allocation of expenses to overheads.
- Coordinate the accounts reconciliations with HQ
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified program field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with supervisors
- Maintain open lines of communications with all staff
- Maintain teamwork and ensures a productive working environment for staff members
- Empower staff members to meet organizational goals and work as a highly functioning and cooperative team. Provide training opportunities for staff capacity building.
- Review on monthly basis the allocation of funds for core staff, according to resources available.
Representation, Communications, and Visibility
- Ensure that the strategy provided by the Board is communicated with donors and reflected in the type and quality of implementation.
- Provide leadership and representation of Yazda before all external partners and Authorities
- Assist leadership in expanding country portfolio
- Assist leadership in identifying new sources of donor funding and maintain adequate donor funding levels to sustain identified program and support activities
- Assist leadership in drafting and editing proposals for funding
- Perform all tasks connected to the representation of the NGO, to fundraising, to project management, to base management, and to strategic implementation.
Skills & experiences required:
- Graduate level degree in relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in humanitarian aid settings
- Ability to manage a team of 80+
- Experience in the Middle East
- Strong knowledge of financial management
- Experience working with major grants and international donors
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send their CVs with a cover letter to email@example.com with a subject “Country Director JV-53 “
NOTE: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of technical
NOTE: due to the urgency of the position, we might close the announcement prior to the mentioned deadline.