Job Title: Community Listening Center Manager
Project Name: Protection and Assistant Programme for Refugees and IDPs in Duhok – Iraq
Project Area: Duhok Governorate
Vacancy Ref. No: 107
Applicants Residence: Bardarash and Akre Districts
Preferable Gender: Female
Duration of Appointment: 3 Months
Expected Starting Date: 1 Oct 2022
Deadline for online registration and Submission of CVs: 24 September 2022
Type of Contract: Employment Contract
Working Hours: 8:00am_3:30PM
Harikar NGO is a neutral, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization established on 30th May 2004 by a group of social activists. Harikar NGO as stated in its mission statement strives toward the fulfilment of human and women rights in Dohuk Governorate as stipulated in the new Iraqi constitution of 15th October 2005. Harikar is committed to- within its resources- contribute towards the achievement of the internationally agreed Millennium Development Goals. Harikar believes in human rights, the right of every person to reach his/her potential without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, social segment and ethnicity. Harikar strives to achieve social justice especially among the marginalized vulnerable groups and works towards eliminating all forms of discrimination against women by promoting their capacity to fully participate in community development. Harikar has been able to successfully carry out more than 80 projects, through funding from various partners including UNFPA, RRT/PRT, UNHCR, UNESCO, UNICEF, UNOCHA, Diakonia, UNDP, UNOPS, IRD, Mercy Corps, CARE International, ASB, GIZ, Acted, IRC, IRI, NDI, SCF-UK, Mission east, ICSP and others.
Terms of References
Under the direct supervision of Assistant Project Manager for GBV at Harikar NGO in Duhok in close coordination with UNHCR concerned staff, the Community Listening Center Manager will manage and supervise the staff of Community Listening Center which responds to the GBV issues of refugees and asylum seekers and conduct GBV prevention and response activities for refugees residing in Gawilan camp.
Scope of Work (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- Don’t share any information of S/GBV survivors with other service providers or any other people without the permission of her supervisor and keep the confidentiality of the case.
- Develop technically sound work plans consistent with program goals and objectives in coordination with the project staff – Social Workers, Case workers and ensure timely implementation of the activities.
- Monitor and evaluate staff to ensure timely and high quality implementation of the work plans.
- Take lead & coordinate Protection related events including donor field visits and ensure proper visibility of Harikar at the camp level.
- Ensure timely & quality Procurement of the center’s items & services in liaison with supervisor and financial team.
- Provide ongoing oversight, training, and guidance to staff to ensure GBV programming meets best practice standards and prioritizes the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the Social Workers and Case workers to develop professional and technical competencies in GBV Protection.
- Hold regular meetings with staff to plan and address any team/individual concerns and share feedback.
- Conduct case conferences with Social Workers and Case workers to review case management issues and provide guidance on specific difficult cases when needed.
- Coordinate with all GBV actors in Duhok and attend GBV WG as needed and requested by line manager.
- Coordinate with all service providers within the camp level and out of camp as needed.
- Attend training forums relevant to the position requirements.
- Represent Harikar in the camp level meetings and events.
- Compile all Harikar GBVIMS IR on monthly basis and as required.
- Participate in professional development activities, as needed or requested.
- Perform other duties as necessary and/or as requested.
- Report activities conducted by the Community Listening Center to supervisor on the agreed dates and times to supervisor.
- Prepare/collect weekly plans, activity info figures, GBVIMS IR, agreed reports to local authorities, and any other input/figures as the need be.
- compose proper proposals for the planned community activities, international events, and other events as requried to supervisor.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in trainings, workshops and other capacity building exercises as required by the line manager;
- CLC Manager is a member of Harikar emergency response team; responds to any emergency situations that might occur in KR-I border points with Syria and Turkey and in refugee camps.
Fulfil other duties as required by your line manager.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Educational Qualifications:
- Degree in relevant field (Psychology, Law, Community Development or any other Social Sciences).
- Professional Experience:
- at least 2 years of experience working in protection particularly GBV, human rights, gender issues with refugees, asylum seekers, migrants and/or other vulnerable populations
- Experience and willingness to work in the field
- Aware of working in the environment of refugee camps, the procedures of GBV prevention and response and the interagency referral pathway.
- Have cultural sensitivity and respect diversity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with colleagues, local partners and other stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate needs to be flexible and creative, respectful and diplomatic. Results-driven and highly motivated to assist the most vulnerable amongst refugees.
- Fluent in Spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish
- Have computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
Reporting and Supervision
Reports to: Assistant Project Manager for GBV
Supervises: The staff of Community Listening Center including social worker, case worker, mobilizers, cleaners and guards.
- Ensure that confidentiality is always maintained when sharing data and information about persons of concern;
- Work with the Harikar/UNHCR protection team in a cooperative and collaborative manner;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with partners;
- Maintain high professional and ethical standard when both on and off duty, including upholding the principles and practices set out in the Code of Conduct and adhering to international standards;
- Seek guidance and technical support when needed with “Do no harm” principle being the priority at all times.
- All Harikar staff must be committed to the Core Humanitarian Principles as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards in Accountability and Quality Management
- All Harikar policies, guidelines and checklists are an integral part of this Job Description and must be implemented including, but not limited to;
- Harikar operational guidelines and Policies;
- Guideline prevention of corruption;
- Guideline on PSEA;
- Harikar Code of Conduct, and;
- Checklist for procurement documents filing for supporting documents.
To apply click the below link:
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2022, 10:10 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply of Medicines Strategic Supply Process Ten...
written on September 26, 2022, 7:53 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: SALE OF USED IT Equipment, Household Equipment and Tools ...
written on September 23, 2022, 10:58 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision, Delivery of 14750 Hygiene kits to Duhok Camps ...