Context and Reporting line:
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Durable Solution & Community Engagement), and the direct supervision of the National Community Engagement Officer, the Community Engagement Technical Adviser is responsible for supporting roll out of community engagement related activities the on the ground across the region.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- In line with regional work plans and team structures, provide on the ground technical support to returns and community engagement related interventions in Anbar.
- Liaise with UN agencies and NGO partners in the field to encourage coordination and partner capacity building.
- Support the roll out of tools related to operations in camps and in areas of origin to ensure the quality-controlled implementation of multi-sectoral programming including shelter, protection, livelihood, and infrastructure interventions.
- Ensure staff capacity building, developing material and field plans to ensure quality control.
- Liaise with government officials, local authorities, and community leadership structures to support field teams in the implementation of community engagement activities.
- Coordinate closely with operational team to undertake field visits, quality control, and conduct technical assistance missions.
- Support in the technical capacity building of field staff and ensures C.E and durable solutions related technical standards where needed.
- Support the roll out of tools and be in close coordination with Community Engagement Technical Core team to address challenges and bottlenecks.
- Handle the consolidation of activity related information to compile information and develop technical field reports to support information shared with reporting and M&E colleagues.
- Coordinate closely with National Community Engagement Field Officer to undertake field visits and conduct technical assistance missions.
- Act as the Community Engagement field focal point for other units within the mission including CWC, Community Policing, and CSU to support in intermission community engagement related activities.
- Support remote activity monitoring utilizing systems and tools developed.
- Through relationships with affected populations and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on programming, whilst remaining fully informed about community structures and power dynamics within respective communities through the development of strong links with communities and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the communities are reflected in the roll out of strategies and implementation plans.
- Lead the field monitoring, backstopping, and assessing the technical implementation of Community Engagement related activities on the ground.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management, Social Sciences, or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5years of relevant experience in social projects /community engagement/ durable solutions and experience with an international organization is an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and word as well as good knowledge of working with databases and online applications.
- Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, and an administration office would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- The candidate is ought to be based in one of the mentioned duty stations as it will be decided accordingly.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...
written on September 25, 2023, 8:30 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Sealing Kits for the critical shelter upgrade of 8 househo...
written on September 21, 2023, 6:30 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply and Distribution of Water Tanks and Latrine Rehabil...
written on September 21, 2023, 2:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: ITB No 21064 Provision of Non food Items Through Long Term...