Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Team Leader in close coordination with the Regional Community Engagement Technical Advisor, the Community Engagement Assistant will be responsible for the field implementation of IOM TRD community engagement activities including those related to Civil Society Organizations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead the roll out of community engagement and resilience building activities tied to endorsed area-based community plans.
- Mapping of community assets including the management and mobilization of human assets identified.
- Ensure community participatory feedback mechanisms and accountability to affected populations during project planning, implementation, and closure.
- Leads the application of community-based standards, operational procedures, and practices at the field level.
- Interlocutor with government counterparts at local levels, partners, and technical leads to develop and implement integrated strategies that address key priorities.
- Leads the roll out of assessment and planning community consultative activities and ensure the consolidation of information to relay back to operations team.
- Provide field-based reporting related to C.E activities.
- In coordination with Regional C.E.A and National C.E Officer, responsible for the roll out of outreach and awareness raising activities.
- Mobilization and support in the identification of livelihood beneficiaries.
- Support the roll out of the Youth Civic Engagement pilot aimed at building youth engagement in community self-management through the development of Youth Councils in select areas.
- Coordinate with respective governmental/ interagency/ and NGO counterparts to ensure the roll out of community-based activities.
- Develop creative engagement approaches for affected populations including youth, providing resilience building opportunities in a wide range of activities and programs which influence their civic engagement capacity and encourages social and leadership development in the form of information, participation, & advocacy.
- Support platforms aimed at strengthening dialogue between youth and relevant governmental stakeholders and local officials.
- Support the roll out of Youth community plans, where youth participate in responding to community needs identified.
- Schedule activities, facilitate youth mobilization, organize youth coaching and mentoring sessions in ways that allow for a transfer of skills and facilitate peer to peer knowledge generation.
- Advocate with young people and their key stakeholders, organizing awareness raising and sensitization activities to facilitate information dissemination on issues related to youth and to promote community awareness on young people’s contribution to community development and resource management.
- Support in the mapping of assets & community networks/ CBOs/ & CSO and assist in the identification, training, and supervision of Youth Council members.
- Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including those related to livelihoods and engineering.
- Any additional duties related to other thematic areas where team support may be needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or any other related fields from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender
- point and experience with international organization is an advantage.
- Strong experience in conceptualizing activities related to youth-based programming and community
- inclusive interventions.
- Previous experience in UN system is an asset.
- Strong experience in communication.
- Strong proven experience in planning, organizing, and executing trainings.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on July 4, 2022, 10:02 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Construction and Improvement of Three WASH Facilities ...
written on July 3, 2022, 7:39 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Upgrading and Extension of Asia Secondary School for Girls...
written on July 1, 2022, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Consultancy of Digital Curricula to Support MOLSA Trainer...