Purpose/objective of the position:
The Case Manager is responsible for supervising and managing a team of Case Workers, ensuring that principles of case management are respected and that quality services are being provided to persons with protection concerns. He/she will support and coach Case Workers throughout the case management process and directly handle complex cases as needed.
- Conduct an initial assessment with new caseworkers, prepare & implement a tailored induction plan including shadowing, observing and conducting role plays;
- Supervise and coach Case Workers in their duties using various methods such as observation, shadowing, case file checks and bilateral case discussions;
- Assign cases to Case Workers taking into consideration their experience level, caseload and complexity of cases;
- Ensure adherence of Case Workers to protection principles, code of conducts and internal SOPs;
- Monitor timescales for response, decision-making and follow-up through the internal case management platform and according to priority of case to ensure timely and appropriate support;
- Monitor the documentation of cases through regular review of files and case management platform and provide feedback to Case Workers;
- Conduct regular case audits, to ensure that cases meet and maintain compliance with established SOPs and minimum standards in case management;
- Ensure the proper filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality;
- Review regularly staff caseloads to ensure they are manageable and in line with minimum standards of not more than 25 open cases at a time;
- Schedule and facilitate regular case management meetings with Case Workers to discuss specific cases and general challenges in their tasks;
- Identify staff gaps and training needs when they arise and communicate them to the Case Management Officer for his/her action;
- Identify and analyze protection trends in the overall caseload to inform protection programming;
- Participate in case conferences with partners when required;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: PSEA, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles;
- Contribute to regular service mapping exercises and updates of service directory;
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention to improve identification of persons with specific needs for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Manage a pool of Case Workers and supervise all activities related to individual case management (PSWN, CP, SGBV) in the area of intervention in accordance with case management steps, related tools and procedures;
- Ensure that all high-risk cases are promptly identified, directly assisted or referred to the right service provider;
- Regularly verify the status of the case management database, conduct case reviews and provide feedback to Case Managers and Workers;
- Ensure proper storage of sensitive data through a correct use of internal databases and case monitoring tools;
- Assist Case Management Officer in the planning and facilitation of the induction process for all newly recruited case workers on protection principles, the case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures (and other relevant topics);
- Receive external and internal referrals in line with set criteria and allocate them among case managers; ensure that referring agencies receive timely feedback on actions taken, when necessary and appropriate in light of confidentiality requirements;
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field e.g. Social Work, Psychology or equivalent.
- 2 years of relevant work experience (of which at least 1 year in a supervisory role).
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Ability to manage people and build their knowledge and skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge of English (written and spoken)
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THE GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
“Please note that the preference will be given to qualified candidates that are from the recruitment area”
Bids & Tenders
written on December 5, 2021, 2:19 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Accountability and Visibility Purchase Agreement ...
written on December 5, 2021, 2:12 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision of Transportation Service Providers Ten...
written on December 2, 2021, 10:27 pmby UOSSM FRANCEin Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply of Spare Parts for Hemodialysis Machines /Fresenius...