Voice of Older People and Family (VOP-Fam) is a humanitarian non-profit nongovernmental organization working to achieve a better life for older people and their family members on the basis of a human rights approach. VOP is registered with the Kurdistan regional government (according to letter no. 9901 dated October 6th, 2004 issued by the Ministry of Interior).
The main office is located in Dohuk Governorate but runs projects and activities in a number of other Iraqi cities and towns, such as the Sulaymaniyah Governorate and Shekhan district. VOP: Fam has well established itself in the last twelve years of its age as focusing on undertaking social activities for the elderly and family members with a strong component in child protection, legal aid, and peaceful coexistence activities through involving communities in dialogues and involving art activities for disseminating peace messages.
VOP has experienced personnel in areas of programming, administration and finance, field implementation, and monitoring, as well as emergency coordination. The staff is further supported by the good reputation and strong coordination VOP has with the local authorities and communities it has worked with.
VOP works with and for older people and their families by providing care and meeting emergency requirements in order to achieve a better life.
- Follow-up the rehabilitation of the farms and production units; design and implement the
- rehabilitation of the community gardens and/or small producers’ markets.
- Daily follow-up of the rehabilitation works
- Keep track of the direct beneficiaries of the project and prepare weekly and monthly
- reports and related documents.
- Work in close collaboration with the M&E Officer for data collection and analysis.
- Support the Local partner and the management in the selection phase of the Project
- beneficiaries based on the arranged criteria.
- Support the logistics department in the procurement process regarding the
- rehabilitation of the farms and the community gardens/small producers’ markets.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the integrated approach of the program;
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with beneficiary communities
- Make sure to spread a positive image of VOP and its activities.
- Fully commit to VOP’s policies and code of conduct.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Child safeguarding values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities, giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- shares their personal vision for child safeguarding and engages and motivates others.
- Future-oriented thinking is strategic and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, members, and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, a good listener, and easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honesty encourages openness and transparency and demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
Child Protection and Wellbeing: Members of VOP FAM have a commitment to prevent child abuse or any type of violation against the children during their work in the office and the field and to provide what is needed for the protection of the children. Potential candidates must ensure the safety and well-being of all children coming into contact with VOP FAM. Candidates should not do any direct or indirect harm to children.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: VOP-FAM adopts a zero-tolerance approach towards sexual exploitation and abuse. VOP-FAM is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse both within the organization and within the framework of VOP-FAM programs and VOP-FAM beneficiary populations.
Education: Bachelor or higher; most will be either in civil engineering or architecture.
P.S. This post is for applicants from Sinjar (Shingal) communities only.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should submit the following documentation to email@example.com before November 30, 2023:
- A cover letter summarizing your interest in this position, qualifications, and compensation requirements
- Current resume.
- a list of three references with contact details
Note: The email should be titled Engineer; otherwise, it will not be visible to the employment committee.