Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger and recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition. Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger delivers programmes, in over 40 countries while committed to respect humanitarian principles as a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and, non-profit organisation. Our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflict. Action Against Hunger intervenes in four main areas: Nutrition, Mental Health & Care Practices; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Food Security and Livelihoods; Advocacy and Raising Awareness.
Action Against Hunger is looking for an Advocacy and Communications Officer based in its office in Erbil.
Work place: Erbil with frequent visits to ACF areas of interventions.
Type of contract: Initially 6 months Fixed-Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Working Hours: Full Time Contract of minimum 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
Monthly Basic Salary: Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid.
Benefits: Monthly Transport Allowance, Medical Insurance and + End of Year Benefit.
Purpose of the position: Ensure visibility of the ACF Iraq mission’s programming and that community feedback on their unmet needs (including what ACF Iraq cannot address) is well communicated to the wider partner and donor actor’s in-country.
Objective 1: Lead development and operationalization of communications strategies for the mission
- Liaise with base teams and technical focal points to jointly design communication strategies (including dissemination plans) for each project to best represent ACF’s work, achievements and learnings
- Cross check communications approaches with relevant donor rules and requirements on visibility to ensure compliance
- Oversee data collection required to achieve communications strategies
- Write and publish communications content aligned with agreed communications plans
- Provide training to ACF staff on best practices for designing and writing communications content.
Objective 2: Lead the mission’s advocacy engagement together with the Country Director
- Participate in inter-agency coordination groups working to harmonize advocacy (i.e. NCCI’s Advocacy Working Group)
- Maintain a network of other advocacy representatives across organizations to identify opportunities for joint advocacy work
- Update mission’s advocacy strategy aligned with the mission’s country strategy, current operational presence and reported (through ACF MEAL data + available secondary data) unmet needs
- Design a mission advocacy action plan with a clear dissemination plan, including schedules for briefs, policy papers and/or research
- Write and publish relevant content, with support of your manager and the Country Director, to achieve defined advocacy priorities
- Support in designing any relevant fundraising efforts including advocacy-focused research and/or programming elements.
LICENSE OR BACHELOR’S DEGREE preferably or equivalent Level University Qualification or equivalent and relevant professional experience. General social science background preferred, showing strong written and verbal communication skills
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in advocacy and/or communications. Preference for a candidate with a successful track record working with INGOs to highlight unmet needs across the country, and familiarity engaging with national coordination groups.
Experience designing communications plans, including different dissemination approaches based on donor requirements and desired visibility outcomes; for example, experience in writing success stories vs. human interest stories vs. learning reviews (strongly preferred)
Experience designing advocacy approaches tailored to different target audiences and desired outcomes; for example, briefs vs. policy papers vs. position papers (strongly preferred)
Knowledge of how to differentiate between communications and advocacy approaches
Strong English and Arabic writing skills
Experience and comfort with public speaking
Ability to analyses data and information quickly, seeing larger trends, issues and needs
Knowledge of best practices in interviewing
Ability to formulate compelling stories using interview data
Experience with social media management
Strong ethics as well as rights-based approach to communications / advocacy (emphasis on protecting clients as honestly presenting their needs to a wider network)
Organized and attentive to detail
Passionate about the needs of vulnerable communities
Ability to work across teams and coordinate information
Ensure confidentiality and trust worthiness
Strong communication skills
Adherence to process and procedures
Work under pressure
Good analytical skills
English: Mandatory (very good speaking, reading and writing: full proficiency)
Arabic: Mandatory (very good speaking, reading and writing: full proficiency)
Kurdish: Preferred but not required
Good command of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
Closing Date: Saturday 26th of November2022
Qualified candidates must submit a Cover Letter and a Resume (CV) including to:
Please indicate the job reference number: COO/OPE/07/102022
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
Please note that the final candidates will be subjected to security screening and positive references.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en
Bids & Tenders
written on December 4, 2022, 3:54 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Call for Preselection_ Security Advisor Tender No...
written on December 3, 2022, 12:50 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Effective Social Media Communication & Digital Marketi...
written on December 3, 2022, 12:40 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Effective Social Media Communication and Digital Marketing...