Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCoM, and direct supervision of the Head of Partnerships and Coordination Division (PCD), the incumbent will provide administrative and technical support to the Unit which includes the Programme Support Unit (PSU), Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability (MEAL) Unit and the Public Information (PI) Unit. Her/his duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Administer and regularly update the IOM Iraq Mission’s PSU online projects library; store relevant IOM Iraq project documents, reports, contracts and any other relevant documentation.
- Regularly update the PSU’s matrices relating to projects as relevant and when requested.
- Ensure adequate storage of donor related contractual documents and maintain a physical filing system.
- Maintain the Mission’s external events calendar on a weekly basis.
- Compile and regularly update the donor representatives and relevant external counterparts contact details; update mailing lists.
- Organize the logistics for internal and external meetings (e.g., donor meetings, visits and events where needed, project kick-off and review meetings, meetings of the research coordination group etc.), compile and prepare relevant documentation for distribution.
- Draft meeting minutes and reports in English when requested.
- Support and provide inputs in the elaboration of documents such as concept notes, projects, reports, updates and other documents for internal and external distribution.
- Support in following up with various operational units on data tracking and reporting process as needed;
- Provide support to staff of the unit for official staff travel planning and organisation, keep track of the PCD staff official travel schedule, including annual leave and R&R dates and public holidays to facilitate work planning.
- Organize and keep files and documents according to an established filing system.
- Undertake duty travel in Iraq, as needed and required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 5 years relevant professional experience.
- High level of computer literacy with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Good communication skills
- University degree in public administration or similar qualifications
- Experience in working in an international environment and in liaising with a variety of partners at all levels of the hierarchy.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- Proficiency in oral and written English and Arabic is a must.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.