Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and the overall supervision of Chief Migration Health Officer (HAP) and the direct supervision of the National Medical Officer the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in ERBIL, IRAQ
The role of the administrative assistant is to support the Migration Health Assessment Clinic (MHAC) in the smooth running of its administrative duties.
National Medical Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to:
- Maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking, filing, archiving and monthly reporting.
- Assist in maintaining order in the e-archiving system for medical files, blood test results and follow-ups.
- Prepare mail out lists for the embassies; liaise with the embassies regarding the processing status of immigrants and dispatch of the documents.
- Set up and maintain an orderly storage system for chest X-rays and keep hard copies of medical documents (informed consent, radiologist’s report, sputum smear results, pregnancy test results etc.).
- Photocopy and scan medical documents as necessary.
- Suggest improvements to strengthen internal control mechanisms; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to improve existing instructions/standard operating procedures in order to achieve streamlined efficiencies.
- Receive all completed medical deferrals/furtherance, x-rays and other documents from MHD, update the reception of the same in the database and forward to the migration health physician for clearance.
- Provide feedback on staff allocation to the various units within the MHAC.
- Maintain an inventory and organize timely, cost-effective and appropriate procurement and storage of stationeries, IT equipment and consumables, hygiene products, medical supplies and equipment, as needed for the MHAC.
- Coordinate the acquisition, renovation, refurbishment and regular maintenance of the MHAC facility with the MHAC Supervisor
- Administer the office’s petty cash and submit the necessary reports to supervisor. Ensure reconciliation of service fees and bank statements.
- Assure correctness of travel authorizations and advise on allowances for staff members leaving on duty travel.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Liaise with MHD medical movements focal point physician on all medical movement dates for further co-ordination with staff travel for ticket booking and hotel accommodation.
- Assist in preparing MHAC payment summaries for medical service provider invoices in close coordination with the MHAC Supervisor
- Assist in monitoring of stock inventory for all medical supplies for the MHAC in co-ordination with the Senior nurse to ensure re-order level is observed.
- Monitor and replenish offices supplies and cleaning materials for the MHAC on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement department, to follow up on all MHAC procurement requests and ensure GRN are confirmed in good time to allow timely capturing of cost to the projects.
- Update the relevant medical escort costs in mimosa in coordination with operations staff and Movements physician related to all medical movements.
- In coordination with HR, receive and distribute MHAC staff attendance sheets, and other relevant communications
- University degree in Administration Management/ Medical Administration or related filed from accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 4 years relevant professional experience.
- Two years relevant professional experience, preferably in administrative support or similar roles;
- Working with refugees/migrants in a medical setting is an advantage;
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an advantage;
- Demonstrated accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- English and Arabic are required.
- Any other language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.