The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), early childhood development, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Today, the IRC works in close coordination with the humanitarian and development partners in Iraq and local stakeholders to address the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees, and Host communities. We operate in several governorates throughout Central and Southern Iraq, including Anbar, Ninewa, SAD, and Kirkuk, with additional offices in Erbil and Baghdad.
The Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Manager will be responsible for overseeing the WPE program, directly implementing and through a local partner in Anbar governorate. She will be responsible for the implementation of daily project activities providing supervision and directions to the WPE team. She will provide supervision and direction to the WPE program team, emphasizing coaching and mentoring staff to build their capacity. She will also collaborate with key staff in Protection, ERD, and Child and youth Protection, and work with the WPE Senior Program Manager and Coordinator to achieve the managed growth of IRC’s WPE programming in Anbar governorate. The WPE Manager will report to the WPE Coordinator and Field Coordinator.
- Provide leadership to the project team and the local partner and oversee successful implementation and coordination of protection and empowerment programs to support vulnerable women and girls.
- Support partner/s in the management of Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSSs), ensuring adherence with SOPs and guidelines and provision of quality services to the women and girls registered in the WGSSs;
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation or program, and track indicators to measure progress;
- Ensure compliance of program operations with guidelines and IRC’s global programming principles;
- In collaboration with the Senior WPE Manager and WPE coordinator, develop and undertake assessments as required by the program work plan, as well as relevant monitoring and evaluation to inform additional WPE programming needs and design;
- Supervise the provision and quality of trainings for local partners and staff on GBV basics, basic counseling, case management, life skills, and other key GBV resources for partners, community members, and service providers;
- Provide ongoing technical support, mentoring, and guidance to project staff and partners to ensure programming meets GBV best practices and guiding principles;
- Support the WPE Senior Manager and WPE coordinator in liaising with high-level government officials, UN and other stakeholders to ensure support for the program and coordination;
- Undertake other relevant tasks as requested by the WPE Senior Manager and WPE coordinator.
- In coordination with WPE Senior Program Manager, WPE Coordinator, DDP, Grants Unit and HQ Technical Unit, contribute to developing proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s WPE portfolio in Iraq.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats.
- Manage the project budget; oversee all budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations; review monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets, feed corrections back to Finance. Bring any over/under expenditure issues to the attention of the Senior WPE Manager and the WPE Coordinator in a timely manner and support the development of corrective plans.
- Collaborate with Field Coordinator and other operations staff to ensure that the GBV program is properly supported and that all activities are conducted according to IRC HR, Logistics, Finance and other policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including community members, NGOs, government authorities and UN agencies;
Staff Management and Development
- Direct supervision of Sr. WPE Program Officers, and indirect supervision to all WPE Anbar staff, including WGSSs staff.
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee and manage the implementation with the partner.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Coordinator and Anbar Field Coordinator
Position directly supervises: WPE Sr. officer-Anbar.
Indirect Reporting: WPE Sr. manager-partnerships and quality assurance, and WPE Sr. officer data information management.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: close collaboration with other WPE staff particularly field based WPE sr. officers and Senior Manager, other IRC Iraq programs (Economic Recovery and Development (ERD), Children and Youth, Protection and Development (CYPD), and Protection/Rule of Law), Grants, Supply Chain, HR and Finance Departments.
External: close collaboration with WPE Partners in Anbar and other humanitarian actors and GBV Working Groups, local implementing partners, UN agencies, government, and service providers
Education: bachelor’s degree in social work, Gender Studies, Public Health, Human Rights, or another appropriate field.
Language Skills: Fluency in spoken/written English & Arabic is required.
- At least 5 years of program management experience in humanitarian sector; at least 4 years of which must be in the field of GBV prevention and response projects.
- Experience providing case management or psychosocial support and/or supervising case workers.
- In-depth understanding of GBV prevention and response, related international standards, and guidelines.
- Experience working in partnership projects and actively contributing to the development of local organizations.
- Knowledge of GBVIMS and related incident data collection and management tools.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of case management, psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery;
- In-depth understanding of the roots causes of GBV, related international standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies;
- Proven leadership, program management, staff development, planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Competency in writing progress and donor reports; familiarity with principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation;
- Fluency in spoken/written English and Arabic.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email/internet software.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to email@example.com.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the below link:
The closing date is: 23- September-2023