Ensure the professional follow up on the reactivation of the farms and the quality control of the production.
- Support the Local partner and the management in the selection phase of the beneficiaries based on the arranged criteria.
- Support the logistics department in the procurement process regarding the livestock, vaccination, fodder and materials needed for the rehabilitation of the farms.
- Support the implementation of technical training to improve farmers and the association of farmers management skills;
- Provide continuous technical assistance to farmers/producers to improve production (both, qualitative and quantitative)
- Ensure the introduction of new technics to ensure the augmentation of the production.
- Support activities to improve the business skills of the producers as per project design;
- Promote capacity building and technical skills to authorities (Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Agriculture)
- Facilitate organization and follow up of exchange visits involving the local stakeholders (Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Agriculture, producer cooperatives…).
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
- Daily contact and notification and weekly reporting to the project coordinator and veterinarian
- Supervise the contractor veterinarian in the vaccination and the support of the farmers.
- Monitor sheep during distribution and protect them from any unwanted action.
REPORTING TO : Project coordinator/Project Manager
- Languages: Working knowledge of English, proficiency in Arabic, and Kurdish proficiency is preferred.
- Good attitude and experience in working with agricultural producers, partners and allies
- IT skills: Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange). Ability to effectively use project management software and other information systems /databases.
- Excellent communication skills in building relationships with local contacts
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations; passion for working with others
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity.
3 years of working experience in animal production and in particular sheep breeding.
Bachelor degree in animal production /Veterinary.
AVSI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
How to Apply (Application Process):
Interested candidates are required to send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21-09-2022. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, AVSI may fill the position prior to the closing date.
Please mention job position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.