About SEED Foundation:
SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Psychologist:
The Psychologist will protect, empower and support the recovery of vulnerable Iraqis through comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support services to survivors of torture, trafficking, and gender-based violence, as well as members of religious and ethnic minorities in the KRI. The psychologist will provide therapeutic services, including assessment, individual and group therapy and referrals, through mobile services to vulnerable Iraqi and their families in various locations throughout KRI, primarily within the Duhok governorate. While all psychologists will receive training and supervision, successful candidates must be compassionate, confident, diligent, trustworthy, resourceful, interested in learning new skills, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. The Psychologist will work with team members and clients of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds. All services will be provided in accordance with international ethical standards.
- Provide confidential critical care to potential clients and their families throughout KRI (primarily within Duhok governorate) through mobile services, including a brief needs assessment and provision of psychosocial support in order to determine the survivor's interest in and need for continued services.
- Collaborate closely with the Case Management Team to contribute to the development of Care Plans, with specific focus on mental health needs. Ensure particularly complicated cases are identified and referred to the MHPSS Project Manager.
- Provide confidential ongoing MHPSS services to clients and their families, as needed, to include the collaborative development of a Treatment Plan using SMART goals.
- Utilize assessment tools, in keeping with SEED’s case management strategy.
- Document all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client's case in accordance with SEED's case management system.
- Develop and facilitate effective group sessions, as relevant to the population being served.
- Participate in supervision sessions with the Case Management Team Lead and MHPSS Project Manager, as required.
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that the highest quality services can be delivered.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans.
- Support the development and utilization of a camp-specific referral pathway for SGBV cases and advanced clinical service needs to address mental health concerns.
- Maintain positive relationships with program partners.
University degree in psychology or counseling.
Written and spoken Kurdish and Arabic language skills, with English a plus
Experience providing psychological therapies to clients
Experience working with survivors of conflict and rights violations such as IDPs, refugees, and survivors of SGBV and torture
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with team members and clients
Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment
Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Psychologist - Duhok” as the subject of your e-mail.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.