Are you interested in joining a dynamic, fast-growing company working with some of the most important actors in the development and humanitarian fields? RMTeam is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Finance Officer with a strong background in budget analysis ready for a new challenge and to play a lead role in the delivery of high-quality research and M&E services across the Middle East and North Africa.
Reporting To: Head of Finance
Terms: Full time
The Finance Officer will have a central role in managing the budgets and expenses of research and third-party monitoring assignments throughout the MENA region in coordination with other RMTeam departments. They will support the Finance Director, holding responsibility for accounting records, financial reports, and project budgets and control. They will also organize and archive project contracts, invoices, and monthly reports.
An effective team player, organizer, and manager of deliverables, the Finance officer will supervise M&E and project field staff to ensure projects are carried out efficiently, in a timely manner, and to the highest standards.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage contract budgets, follow up on contractual milestones, and ensure that the corresponding invoices are issued on time once milestones are achieved.
- Review and verify expenses against signed contracts. Ensure the invoices received are allowable, allocable, and reasonable as per the project budget and client conditions.
- Ensure that all expenditures are recorded in line with the financial rules and regulations of the company and the approved budget structure is applied in a correct and consistent manner.
- Ensure that all financial transactions and records in QuickBooks are up to date with high accuracy.
- Prepare and submit timely contract invoices to the clients along with the requested supporting documents and financial reports.
- Make sure all financial documents per contract are maintained in line with RMTeam International policies and procedures (secure archiving of soft copies and hard copies).
- Maintain budget control oversight for each contract, tracking expenditures versus budget plans, and alert the management of variations.
- Submit monthly BvA reports for each contract, as well as consolidated reports and any other on-request financial reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and financial proposals for new contracts using historical data.
- Draft correspondence and respond to queries on budget vs expenditure-related issues as required, and prepare replies/supporting documents for internal and external audit observations relating to the area of responsibility.
- Perform other tasks related to finance on an ad hoc basis.
- Master’s degree in finance or accounting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management and budget control roles.
- At least 2 years’ experience in QuickBooks software.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent ability to problem solve along with solid analytical skills, understanding of the business process, and systems optimization.
- Very good English, both spoken and written.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management in multiple areas.
- Previous experience working in international development; understanding of M&E/research methodologies, concepts, and processes is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed-upon timeframes.
Please fill the form in the link:
Submit your CV.