Title: Senior Financial Services Specialist
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Reports to: Country Director
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. Its programs are organized around three themes: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
The Senior Financial Services Specialist will work under the supervision of the Country Director and the Regional Financial Service Manager to lead the full lending cycle and provide the needed technical support to the field staff.
Main duties include:
- Evaluate applicants’ creditworthiness by reviewing submitted credit reports.
- Coordinating and following up with the day-to-day lending activities, and secure proper documentation and the coordination of the loan process.
- Site visits to potential borrowers and provide the needed technical support to field staff.
- Following up on the repayment process and monitoring the loan portfolio indicators.
- Evaluating and improving portfolio performance, financial products, and borrowers
- Supporting the continuous development of the loan processing mechanism.
- Operating in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines and donors’ requirements.
- To contribute in drafting project work plans, and documenting work procedures.
- Providing the needed support in other aspects related to the project financial component.
- BS degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with a financial services institution.
- Excellent understanding of MSMEs loan products, and credit analysis.
- Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, other members and external partners and supporters, in both in-person and remote contexts.
- Flexible, solution-oriented, and committed to programmatic excellence.
- Stay abreast of new types of business loans and latest lending practices, as well as the digitization of financial services.
NEF will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The first review of applications will begin on March 26, 2023.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation careers page at https://neareast.bamboohr.com/careers/271?source=aWQ9MjE%3D :
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and skills based on the requirements outlined above;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening;
- Receipt of satisfactory references;
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.