Under the overall guidance of the COM, under overall supervision Senior Emergency Coordinator/Head of Programmes and Project Manager for Family Assistance Programme (FAP) and the direct supervision of the FAP Team Leader in Erbil, the successful candidate will be based in Erbil and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding Syrian family members on the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application process, which includes how to correctly complete the required forms and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- General maintenance for the IOM FAP office building in Erbil; monitors and maintains facility equipment to ensure safe and efficient facility operation.
- Follow and coordinate with Logistics, Finance and human resources units to carry out any work related to the FAP center.
- Coordinates and monitors any required external contracting, servicing or intervention needed for any office installation such as; electrical, mechanical, furniture, appliances, construction, etc.
- Responsible to monitor and upkeep the stocks of the stationery, office supplies/needs, cleaning materials/supplies of the office.
- Maintaining all the office equipment in timely manner; photocopiers, printers, water dispensers, security access system, fire alarm system, CCTV system, and the telephoning system, by coordination with ITC Unit.
- Settles all the monthly bills of the office such as landline telephones, electricity, generator, repairs., and undertake errands as requested.
- Prepares a repair check list and conduct a weekly check of the office repair needed
- Responsible for the petty cash fund for FAP project, including its regular liquidation and replenishment.
- Provide assistance to beneficiaries in the FAP Centre in the completion of the online visa application form as per checklists and maintaining records of all applications, provide migrants with accurate information and distribute information sheets, Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists. advice to migrants in a timely manner, either in person at the FAP or by responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP, with the German Embassy staff locally and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload.
- Maintain confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
- Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
- Perform other tasks assigned by his immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or administration from an accredited academic university or institute with 2 years experiences in the related field
- High school degree in the above fields or related field from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Good communication and professional presentation skills
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations.
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in a team
- Previous work experience with UN or other international NGOs an advantage
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish (oral and written).
- German language Is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.