Job Description – Finance/HR Officer
Job title Finance/HR Officer
Sector Financial & Administration Department
Main Activities Finance Officer is responsible for transparency and eligibility of financial statement with the local authorities and donors. Finance Officer should always adhere to Dorcas financial and procurement policies and make sure all other policies are adhered to in all Dorcas departments.
Dorcas is a Christian Non-Governmental Organization that desires justice for people and their communities so that they will flourish. Dorcas strives for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. Dorcas operates from the Netherlands through different field offices within the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
- Responsible for petty cash administration.
- Responsible for collecting Programme invoices and claims, verifying clerical accuracy and ensures they are in line with approved budget.
- Responsible for Cash count and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepares Bank and Cash Registers and submit them to Finance Administration Manager within set time frame.
- Responsible for validity and eligibility of the approved payments.
- Submits registers, together with all supporting receipts and vouchers, to FAM.
- Monitors project expenses and report overspending or underspending to FAM.
- Ensure adherence to Dorcas finance & procurement guidelines along with the donors’ guidelines and reports breaches to FAM immediately.
- Assists the FAM in preparing the annual budget and budget allocations.
- Elaborates monthly and donor financial reports.
- Ensures that all cash, cheque books and financial records are properly stored and safely secured at all times.
- Assisting the F.A.M in internal and external audit processes.
- Cooperation with the operations team in payroll preparation and make sure is approved and sent to the bank in time.
- Responsible for all the partner reports and following up with them to make sure they submit reports in time.
- Following up with the program team and make sure they submit monthly projection.
- Responsible for all the income tax clearance with the authorities.
- Responsible and follow up with all other field offices in reporting monthly closure.
- Responsible for any other tasks assigned by the F.A.M.
Key responsibilities as HR
- Cooperation with the operational Manager in payroll preparation and make sure is approved and sent to the bank in time.
- Cooperation with Operational Manager in papering the contracts for the staff.
- Following up with staff leave, and make sure all the staff leaves request are approved and filed.
- Represent the HR as panel in the interviews when is needed.
- Responsible for any other tasks assigned by the Operational Manager.
- Responsible for the Time sheet of the staff and make sure to be submitted on time.
Key qualifications and performance areas required:
- Bachelor degree in finance and accounting.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as finance officer especially with Non-Governmental Organizations, with extended knowledge of donor procedures, budgeting and reporting.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral in Kurdish, Arabic and English
Knowledge of and experience with Iraqi laws and regulations within duties’ related fields.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong self-motivation
Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Full computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives
- Represent Dorcas with local authorities, local partners and other humanitarian actors in and outside the intervention areas when necessary as per the need and directed by the Project Manager
- Reflecting the values of Dorcas with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
All Dorcas policies, guidelines and checklists are an integral part of this Job Description and must be implemented e.g.
- Policy on Safety and Security
- Guidelines on Prevention of Corruption
- Guideline on PSEA
- DORCAS Code of Conduct
- DORCAS Procurement Manual
All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Dorcas Code of Conduct including Child Safeguarding (following guidelines of PSEA - Protection against Sexual Exploitation and abuse). Recruitment is subject to the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks You can find the Dorcas Code of Conduct at our website:
Information and Application
To apply for this position please send a CV and a Cover Letter detailing your relevant experience to meet the criteria of this position to email@example.com using the subject in email: Finance/HR Officer.
Dorcas is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, national origin, disability, or age.
Bids & Tenders
written on June 23, 2021, 12:22 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Hiring vehicle with a driver for REACH organization in Kir...
written on June 23, 2021, 12:46 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision of Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Services ...